GHI Solutions is a team of leading experts in the gaming and hospitality industries, and with decades of combined experience, we know that oftentimes it’s the little things that make big improvements. That’s what our job really boils down to: we make sure that you get the most out of what you already have or we help you buy and implement what you need. Our experts are the most well-versed and knowledgeable team you can find when it comes to the technology, systems, software and hardware that is required to successfully open, operate and manage a gaming / hospitality enterprise. So before you upgrade, buy new or add on, let us analyze your needs, maximize your current investment, and then create a plan moving forward that will maximize your investment. Our goal is simple: give clients real data and information they can actually use to make better business decisions. We’re completely independent from suppliers, so you can rest assured we’re not here to sell you something – we’re here to make sure you’re getting the most out of what you already have. And, in those instances where you need to expand, replace or upgrade your current technology, our team oversees and directs the entire project, so that you get the technology that best suits your needs, budget and business goals. Over the past decade, GHI Solutions has had the privilege of working with the industry’s leading brands and have helped clients of all sizes make the most of their technology investments.
Claudia Winkler, President
Named one of the “Great Women in Gaming” by Casino Enterprise Management magazine, Claudia Winkler is one of the industry’s most recognized and respected information technology experts, and her numerous leadership roles have resulted in an unrivaled knowledge of gaming and hospitality systems. Claudia has been a force in business technology since 1988, and she has held key marketing and technology positions with the industry’s top names including Boyd Gaming, Caesars Entertainment and Stations Casinos. Among her many accomplishments was the launch of the original Harrah’s Gold Card (now Harrah’s Total Rewards), development of the requirements for corporate-wide source systems for Boyd Gaming, IT leadership role in the change of control of the Las Vegas Hilton from Caesars Entertainment to Colony Capital and the opening of several new casinos in emerging markets. Claudia is an internationally published author with articles appearing frequently in numerous trade journals, and she is a highly sought speaker for conferences. She has also teaches gaming and management at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Education & Professional Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science with Distinction – Penn State University, University Park, PA
- Excellence in Management – Caesars (Harrah’s) Entertainment
- Leadership Development – Boyd Gaming Corporation
- Adjunct Faculty -UNR Gaming Management & Executive Development Programs
- American Red Cross – Southern Nevada Chapter – Board of Directors – Executive Committee (1999 – 2005)
GHI Solutions Professional Experience
- System selection, requirements definition and gap analysis for clients seeking to upgrade or replace their existing solutions.
- Experience in Class II, Class III, Lottery and International jurisdictions.
- Software development consultant for customer relationship management, marketing and ancillary systems designed specifically for the gaming and hospitality industry.
- Project Director for the selection of casino and hospitality package software solutions for gaming and government organizations.
- Start-up experience including the successful opening of 9 casino hotels.
- Content Director and Programming Partner for the Gaming & Technology Conference 2013 / 2014
- Selected as a judge for the Annual G2E Gaming and Technology Awards (2003 – 2015)
- Selected as a judge for Casino Journal’s Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Product Awards (2013 / 2014)
- Featured technology writer for Casino Enterprise Management, Global Gaming Business and Gaming & Leisure.
- A frequent speaker at major industry conferences including G2E, NIGA and vendor sponsored User Groups.
- Instructor for the University of Nevada Reno’s, Gaming Management Series.
- Marketing brand project manager for the Harrah’s Entertainment patron database – the first “one card” in the industry.
- Merger and acquisition due diligence for multiple clients including comprehensive evaluation of technology assets (hardware, software and staff), review of all existing contracts and maintenance agreements and preparation of a budget estimate for the change of control and requirements to transition the enterprise to new ownership.